Remember my new year’s resolution to try either a new recipe or restaurant every month this year? Marking January off my list because I tried a new recipe!
97% of the ingredients here came from my fave store Aldi! Seriously Aldi is the best place ever, every city needs one. This recipe was simple, healthy, and I chopped the veggies while watching a Netflix show on my laptop.
Seriously so easy. Please invest in a veggie chopper ASAP. It’ll save you lots of time!
While chopping the veggies cook the Couscous according to the direction on the box. Also open and drain the chickpeas. Rinse off of water to get rid of excess sodium.
Mix all of the dressing ingredients together. This is what it looks like!
Simply toss the veggies so that they are all mixed up, and add the chickpeas.
We choose to eat ours with the couscous and then top it with the veggie/chickpea mix. I sprinkled a little feta over the top then drizzled dressing over it. Brandon and I really liked the dressing!
Easy to pack for lunch too!
Overall this was a nice little recipe to try. I’ve made better and I’ve made worse. I personally thought it tasted “too fresh” and was “too crunchy”. I found it to be the best after I let the dressing marinate into the veggies which took about 10 minutes. Brandon enjoyed it the original way. I would definitely make this again though, keep it on the backburner. Its a nice meatless meal and I admit we were satisfied after we ate it. Check out the details below and let me know what you think!
Greek Couscous Salad
• 1 package of Couscous (flavored or plain)
• 1 cucumber, chopped to bite size pieces
• 1/2 of 1 purple onion
• 2 cans of Chickpeas
• 3 bell peppers (I bought the tri pack at the store)
• 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, halved
• 1 lemon cut into wedges
• Feta Cheese to taste
• 1/2 cup olive oil
• 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
• 2 tablespoons of minced garlic
• 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
• 2 teaspoons of oregano
• 2 teaspoons of parsley
• 1 teaspoon of dijon mustard
1. Chop/dice veggies. I highly recommend getting a veggie chopper, if not cut all veggies to a size you could easily eat with a fork for bite size portions
2. Cook couscous according to package. I bought unflavored and just tossed in some parsley and oregano for seasoning. I high ly recommend seasoning to your preference if couscous is plain! When done cooking set in bowl to cool!
3.Open and drain the chickpeas
4. Mix all the dressing ingredients together. Whisk briskly!
5. Get a spoonful of the couscous. Top with your desired amount of veggies. Top with Feta cheese. Drizzle on desired amount of dressing. Squeeze a lemon wedge over the top of the meal!
6. I personally found that I liked the veggies more marinated with the dressing. I let mine sit for 10 minutes before I ate and I personally think it gave it more flavor!