Brandon actually requested muffins this week, so I decided to do a blog post on them too! It’s currently 8 degrees and snowing up here, perfect for Sunday morning baking! This recipe is quick and easy, and I bet you already have the ingredients in your pantry!
Combing the flour, baking soda, salt (not pictured), baking powder and chocolate chips.
Melt butter in a microwave safe dish. This recipe calls for buttermilk, but you can use regular milk and just add 1 tablespoon of vinegar!
Whisk together the melted butter, buttermilk, sugar, eggs, and vanilla
Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients.
Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray and fill each muffin tin to about 3/4 full.
Cook the muffins for 5 minutes on 425, then cook for 12-15 minutes on 375. I’m not sure how long these muffins hold, Brandon and I usually eat them within 3-4 days! Enjoy!
Chocolate Chip Muffins
• 2.5 cups of flour
• 1 Tablespoon baking powder
• 1 tsp baking soda
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 1/2 cup butter, melted and cool
• 1 cup of buttermilk (add 1 tablespoon white vinegar to any milk to make this!)
• 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
• 1.5 cups of chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 425. Line a muffin tray with liners and spray with cooking spray
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and chocolate chips. Set aside
- Melt butter in a microwave safe dish. Set aside. Add 1 tablespoon vinegar to milk.
- Whisk together the butter, sugar, milk, vanilla, and eggs.
- Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Gently combine.
- Fill each muffin tin 3/4 full.
- Bake for 5 minutes at 425, then for 12-15 minutes at 375. Enjoy!